Here are this week's Billboard Top Ten blues albums, ranked by sales:
10. North Mississippi Allstars - World Boogie Is Coming (Songs of the South Records)
9. Joe Bonamassa - Driving Towards The Daylight (J&R Adventures)
8. Joe Bonamassa - An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House (J&R Adventures)
7. Buddy Guy - Rhythm & Blues (Silvertone Records)
6. Jonny Lang - Fight For My Soul (Concord Records)
5. Hugh Laurie - Didn't It Rain (Warner Brothers)
4. Leslie West - Still Climbing (Provogue Records)
3. The Rides - Can't Get Enough (429 Records)
2. Gary Clark, Jr. - Blak and Blu (Warner Brothers)
1. Tedeschi Trucks Band - Made Up Mind (Sony Masterworks)
Top notch guitarist Robin Trower pays homage to his early influences on this recording.
Featuring killer versions of 'Hound Dog,' 'Little Red Rooster,' 'The Thrill is Gone' and more. Trower demonstrates his guitar mastery on new material as well.
Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite
Ben Harper has teamed with renowned harmonica master Charlie Musselwhite to create Get Up!, a piercing song-cycle of struggle and heart and a striking mix of blues, gospel, roots and R&B.
Get Up! features ten vivid musical character studies. Produced by Harper, Get Up!, is his 12th studio album and his first new recording since 2011's Give Till It's Gone (Virgin).
The Duke Robillard Band
For over four decades, Duke Robillard has been one of the most respected blues and roots music guitarists working today. This release shows endless creativity in bringing new ideas to blues forms. Fellow New England guitar hero Monster Mike Welch is an important contributor providing Duke with a daredevil foil on all tracks.
Duke has worked with Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Roomful Of Blues, Fabulous Thunderbirds and dozens of blues legends. He has been nominated for two Grammy Awards.
JJ Grey & Mofro
This River is named for the St. John's River, a centering point for JJ's childhood near Jacksonville, Florida.
This River flows from freewheeling celebrations ('Florabama') to dark inner journeys ('Somebody Else'), from late night, beer-soaked testimonials ('Your Lady, She's Shady') to heartfelt ballads of the almost-forgotten ('The Ballad Of Larry Webb'), and ends with the title track and a singularly devastating vocal performance. His smoldering vocals, mesmerizing songs and dynamic grooves combine blues, R&B and rock into something both instantly danceable and lyrically intense.
Available on both CD and 180g vinyl (free download card included with vinyl)
Popa Chubby's latest release is a blues masterpiece that reflects the trials and tribulations of a blues life. Popa has performed on The Artie Lange Show, and has a headlining US tour this summer.